Weclome to the homepage for the Blue Ezine!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Wal-Mart Letter Update

Greetings Friends,
 
I have sent off the letter to Mr. Lee Scott, president of Wal-Mart.  You can access a copy of the final letter by clicking here.
 
I thought I would also share with you a little information, that I found in an online encyclopedia, about this man:
 
 
H. Lee Scott, Jr. is the current president and chief executive officer of Wal-Mart. Scott has worked for Wal-Mart in different capacities since 1979, but has held his current offices since January of 2000. Under his leadership, Wal-Mart has retained its position as the largest retailer in the world based on revenue, but its share price has fallen 22%. Scott graduated with a degree in business from Pittsburg State University in Kansas. He is married to Linda G. Scott and has two children. The family has residences in Arkansas and California.

Scott was included in TIME magazine's lists of the 100 most influential people of 2004 and 2005. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Scott)

 

I do not know how a family man could endorse such anti-family organizations as Wal-Mart has done, and I pray that Mr. Scott will see the light.

I wanted to thank all of you who signed the letter and those others who contacted me to let me know that you would be writing your own letters.  We have a total of eight signatures on the letter, and I praise the Lord for the willingness of His people to stand up for what is right.  I know that it is uncomfortable and time-consuming to take a stand on social issues, but occasional inconvenience is a must if we are to win back America for the values it was built on. 

God bless you all this Thanksgiving week!

Sincerely,

Stephen Z. Biller
Editor-in-Chief, Blue
bluezine@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home